Shoes




 5340227 © Tyler Rogers | Dreamstime.com


As the sun breaks through the rolling mist on the path, a figure appears, a robed silhouette walking towards me, the sun behind him giving an illusion of him exiting a tunnel.

Distracted, I stepped in a puddle, staining my new white trainers. As the figure draws nearer I noticed he had no shoes on his feet, dusty and calloused from the miles he had walked. I ask the man why he has no shoes and if they hurt, he said “Yes they do, the reason I wear no shoes is to feel the earth beneath me, I lost my connection to the world and wanted to get it back.”

Maybe he was on to something so I removed my shoes and continued on my journey.

 

Russell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The giant boy

Carlton Marshes - the walk, the writing, the banner

The Garden of my Soul