Stuck Midway



Life lost in a containment of lies. Thinking the drink was the answer. I could ignore all that was real, never facing my own demons, never trying to find the inner me. 

Now I break free of my containment. Looking in the mirror, seeing the damage I have done to myself.

I see the changes I missed - so many years wasting away in a drunken haze. Now I face who I am. 

A addict with no more addictions trying to find a reason to live, to be here. I feel unjustified to be on the Earth with all the pain and hurt I out out while I was this other person, inside the addiction side of my mentality. 

When I am in such a place, I only see two options: death or drink as I can't find myself as I did when I was drunk. 

Who I am

Who am I?


Darren 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The giant boy

Carlton Marshes - the walk, the writing, the banner

The Garden of my Soul